![]() |
| (2011) |
America's True History of Religious Tolerance
This link goes to the official Smithsonian website to an article written by Kenneth C. Davis in 2010. This article conveys many truths about American's tolerance of religion and its' history. I chose this article because it shows the significance of religion in the United States, which parallels with key topics in the textbook.
Transnational Family Research Institute
This link goes to the Transnational Family Research Institute (TFRI) website which was founded in 1972 and is an organization that conducts research on issues individual and dyadic human reproductive behaviors. They produce new information about family behaviors and the motivations behind them.
Effects of Marriage and Divorce on Families and Children
This links to a website of the organization Manpower Demonstration Research Corporation (MDRC) which is a foundation that researches the effects of policies on families, especially low-income ones studied by the Vice President Gordon Berlin in May of 2004. This link is to one of their publications on many key issues concerning divorce, single parents, low-income families and the effects on children and the members of the family.
The Role of Family and Social Change - YouTube
This links to a YouTube video titled The Role of Family and Social Change by INTELECOM Intelligent Telecommunications made January of 2011. The video tells of the role that families continue to play in individuals' lives, despite changes in the forms that families may take. It talks about how the family as an institution continues to stand strong and be a very influential part of our society.
Jim Rule (2006) writes about what the meaning of family really is in his song "A Family is What You Make it":
A Family is What You Make it:
Celebrating the Meaning of Families
I used to believe that a family
Was a mom, and a dad, and 2.3 kids,
and a great big station wagon or a mini van
And a house and a dog and a cat.
Was a mom, and a dad, and 2.3 kids,
and a great big station wagon or a mini van
And a house and a dog and a cat.
But now that I've seen lots of families,
I know it's not always like that,
Chorus
Because a family is what you make it.
It's you and your loved ones, whoever they are.
You've got to give and take it.
With understanding and love, your family's gonna go far.
With understanding and love, your family's gonna go far.
I used to believe I was normal
Now I don’t know what that means.
‘Cause if your family keeps you cozy and warm all right
and fits you like a pair of your favorite jeans
I know it's not always like that,
Chorus
Because a family is what you make it.
It's you and your loved ones, whoever they are.
You've got to give and take it.
With understanding and love, your family's gonna go far.
With understanding and love, your family's gonna go far.
I used to believe I was normal
Now I don’t know what that means.
‘Cause if your family keeps you cozy and warm all right
and fits you like a pair of your favorite jeans
That’s what’s important. That makes it right,
Snug as a bug on a cold winter’s night.
Someone to love you and someone to fight
for your right to be just who you are.
With understanding and love, your family's gonna go far.
With understanding and love, your family's gonna go far.
Snug as a bug on a cold winter’s night.
Someone to love you and someone to fight
for your right to be just who you are.
With understanding and love, your family's gonna go far.
With understanding and love, your family's gonna go far.
Chorus

No comments:
Post a Comment