My name is Caitlin and I am a senior at the University of Idaho. I am studying Elementary Education as well as Spanish, and am student teaching in Phoenix this coming January. I am from Moscow, Idaho and have lived here nearly my entire life. I enjoy traveling and have done so a lot since graduating high school. I am very active, love to be outdoors, and hope to be an elementary school teacher in the future.
Sociology has the power to help us understand our world and our own lives because it defines how society and humans interact with each other. Because of this, I found this photograph that in my opinion, perfectly represents society. In the grand scheme of things, we are all created equal as humans, just as the photograph shows. We are all both with the same innate features and are directly connected because of this. The differences lie in how we interact and function together as a human race, and more specifically, in communities.
Sociology is important to me, because in my career as a future grade school teacher, it is critical that I understand different aspects of society. Realizing the differences in my students in term of their culture, backgrounds, where they grew up, and personalities will help me be better able to teach them effectively. Better understanding society and how people interact, helps me foster better relationships in my life, as well as view the world in a different perspective.
History is, strictly speaking, the study of questions; the study of answers belongs to anthropology and sociology.
The reasons why events have occurred in history is due directly to the study of anthropology and sociology which is conveyed in the above quote by W.H. Auden (1973). These areas of study not only explain the complex and unique human behaviors, they go in depth to how and why society acts and is portrayed in certain ways. The study of sociology is intricate and will continue to be studied as long as the human race exists.
No comments:
Post a Comment